Thursday, February 5, 2009

9 days....and yes, I am counting.




It is almost impossible to believe we will be headed to the Philippines in such a short time. Check lists abound - did I buy everything I need? Do I have the right suitcase? Will it all fit? Will the gifts be well received?

I am so excited about this group. From the beginning, when there were still 5, the hardest part was trying to imagine picking an alternate. Every person was right - all 5 got along so well, and it was sad to have lost two for personal reasons, but we are so grateful to Heath and Anna for their continued commitment to the team, in spite of knowing they would not be joining the rest of us on the actual journey.

As I click off things in my head, done or still to be done, I want to take one minute to than Vicki and John as well. Vicki has been a constant support for this team and has made the planning and preparation so much easier. John is just amazing: if anything happened in the next 9 days, John would be ready to go and there would not be a single hitch in the program. His dedication to the team has been invaluable.

As we creep very close to departure, I want to say to the team, Trish, Ryan and Trevor: I am honored to be going with you. This will be an experience of a lifetime and I cannot wait to share it with you.

To Vicki and John: thank you for your friendship and support. I wish we could all just go as a big ol' group! I appreciate you both for so many reasons. You are the kind of folks that make me so proud to be a part of Rotary. Class acts - the both of you.

ok, I think I am back to my mental packing list...with a bit of a head cold - that WILL be gone by travel day.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I want to take the kitchen sink, but I don't think that it will fit in my carry on. This already has been the opportunity of a lifetime, if only to be exposed to such quality people, both with the team and at my sponsoring club. The words "Thank you" come nowhere close to expressing my gratitude.