Monday, September 29, 2008

Who are these people? Ryan






Hi! I'm Ryan.

I have lived in Portland, Oregon for 8 years. Adventure brought me here, and the area's natural beauty and agricultural bounty have kept me here. Farms from this region produce amazing fruit of all sorts. I work for a company that capitalizes on that bounty.
Clear Creek Distillery is a small, artisan distillery in Portland. We make world class eaux-de-vie, also known as fruit brandies, liqueurs, and a single malt whiskey. I have worked there for the past two and a half years in production and operations. On any given day I might be bottling product, distilling brandy, crushing fruit, delivering orders to our distribution points, or working in the tasting room. I am also responsible for inventory management. I make sure we have all our component parts for bottling and labelling and that we have the cased product we need for shipment.
In my free time, I love to read, walk through the city, learn new things, and garden. Though I live in an apartment, I have a friend in the neighborhood that lets me keep a container garden in her backyard--in exchange for some of the food it produces. Here are a couple photos of my makeshift garden and the chickens that live there too:

I'm extremely excited about traveling to Davao and seeing what life is like there.

No comments: