Saturday, September 27, 2008

And then came the afternoon...high above the ground


What are those above us? Really, we are going up there??

We got safety briefings, harnesses, helmets, and a practice course. And then, it was up the ladder, the staples in the trees, and clip onto the cable above: at which point, we each decided if it was fun, if it was a personal challenge, or if it was just not to be, today. All of these were acceptable answers. I am awed by the fluid way some moved through the course, and the way others did what it took for them, and yet another honored their own truth - which might have been one of the most honest and difficult choices of the day. What I know - is I am, proud of US. We 7 were a team today - and I for one, know I learned that I will work to be a better team member.

No comments: